TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting a story (“Submission”) to the American Diabetes Association’s (“Association”) “Stand Up For Affordable Insulin” initiative (“Initiative”), participants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Terms and Conditions.
1. Submission Guidelines
- Submission cannot have been included previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Submission must not disparage the Association or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this promotion.
- Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, lewd, sexually suggestive, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or violence against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the submission is created or shared.
- Any Submission that does not comply with the foregoing, or is otherwise deemed by the Association to be inappropriate, will be disqualified from inclusion in the Initiative. The Association shall have sole discretion and judgment to determine whether a Submission complies with the content restrictions or is appropriate.
2. Use of Submission and its related data
By uploading a Submission you represent and confirm that you, as owner of the Submission, agree with the following permissive use of your Submission:
- Your Submission will be reviewed and, subject to the Association’s approval of content, will be added to the American Diabetes Association’s Stand Up For Affordable Insulin Patient Stories gallery at makeinsulinaffordable.org or another location on its website.
- Stand Up For Affordable Insulin patient stories will be used by the American Diabetes Association and its directors, employees, volunteers, sponsors, agents, contractors and collaborators for advertising, marketing and communication purposes beyond the use in connection with the Initiative.
- All entry materials become the property of the Association and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- By uploading a story, participant irrevocably grants to the Association a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, add to, publish, create derivative works from, and display a Submission, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including without limitation for promotional, commercial or marketing purposes. The American Diabetes Association, and/or others authorized by the Association (“Association Entities”), shall have the right to edit, adapt and modify the Submission.
- By uploading a story, participant specifically consents to the Association’s and Association’s Entities’ use, reproduction, modification, publication and display of the Submission in connection with the Initiative, including without limitation the advertisement, promotion and display of the Submission, in any and all formats.
3. Consent with contacting by email and regular mail
In the case of my express consent I agree that the American Diabetes Association may use my email to contact me for the purpose of customer care (e.g., invitations to exclusive events, information about news and services).
You agree to release and waive any and all claims you might have, now known or may be discovered in the future, against the Association and its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, subcontractors and agents. You further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Association and its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, subcontractors and agents from any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, or settlements, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and other expenses incurred in connection with the Association’s use of the Submission.
The American Diabetes Association takes the intellectual property rights of all owners seriously. We work diligently to ensure that our works do not infringe on anyone else’s rights and that others do not infringe on the Association’s intellectual property rights. For more information about how to report a copyright violation, click here for our DMCA Notification Guidelines.